(ORDER LIST: 554 U.S.)
FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 2008
CERTIORARI -- SUMMARY DISPOSITIONS
06-1454 ) SEMPRA GENERATION, ET AL. V. PUBLIC UTILITIES COMM., ET AL.
06-1468 ) DYNERGY POWER MARKETING, INC. V. PUBLIC UTILITIES COMM., ET AL.
- The petitions for writs of certiorari are granted. The judgment is vacated and the cases are remanded to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit for further consideration in light of Morgan Stanley Capital Group Inc. v. Public Util. Dist. No. 1 of Snohomish Cty., 554 U.S. ___ (2008). The Chief Justice took no part in the consideration or decision of these petitions.
07-8018 YOUNGER, DARRELL V. CALIFORNIA
- The motion of petitioner for leave to proceed in forma pauperis and the petition for a writ of certiorari are granted. The judgment is vacated and the case is remanded to the Court of Appeal of California, First Appellate District, for further consideration in light of Giles v. California, 554 U.S. ___ (2008).
ORDER IN PENDING CASE07-1239 WINTER, SEC. OF NAVY, ET AL. V. NATURAL RESOURCES, ET AL.
- The motion of the Acting Solicitor General to calendar oral argument in October 2008 is granted.
07-984 ) COEUR ALASKA, INC. V. SOUTHEAST ALASKA CONSERVATION
07-990 ) ALASKA V. SOUTHEAST ALASKA CONSERVATION
- The motion of Pacific Legal Foundation, et al. for leave to file a brief as amici curiae in No. 07-990 is granted. The petitions for writs of certiorari are granted. The cases are consolidated and a total of one hour is allotted for oral argument.
07-1315 KNOWLES, WARDEN V. MIRZAYANCE, ALEXANDRE
- The petition for a writ of certiorari is granted.
06-1458 GEDDES, MICHAEL, ET UX. V. UNITED STAFFING ALLIANCE, ET AL.
07-257 CONTINENTAL CARBON CO., ET AL. V. ACTION MARINE, INC., ET AL.
07-335 PARKER, SHELLY, ET AL. V. DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, ET AL.
07-776 KELLY, MICHAEL J., ET AL. V. UNITED STATES
07-841 AMSCHWAND, MELISSA V. SPHERION CORP., ET AL.
07-891 ALEXANDER, NANCY, ET AL. V. BOSCH AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS, INC.
07-8682 LEACHMAN, MATTHEW J. V. TEXAS
- The petitions for writs of certiorari are denied.
06-1521 GOERES, LOUIS G. V. CHARLES SCHWAB & CO., ET AL.
- The petition for a writ of certiorari is denied. Justice Breyer took no part in the consideration or decision of this petition.