US Supreme Court Docket
Supreme Court Docket
| Previous Terms
[Download November 27, 2006 Argument Calendar PDF
[Download January 8, 2007 Argument Calendar PDF
[Click here for 2005 Docket
Many documents listed on this page are PDF files that may be viewed using AdobeReader.
Meredith v. Jefferson County Board of Education
Crystal D. Meredith, Custodial Parent and Next Friend of Joshua Ryan McDonald v. Jefferson County Board of Education, et al.
Equal Protection, Public Schools, Racial Diversity, Fourteenth Amendment
- Should Grutter v. Bollinger, 539 U.S. 306 (2003) and Regents of University of California v. Bakke, 438 U.S. 268 (1978) and Gratz v.
Bollinger, 539 U.S. 244 (2003) be overturned and/or misapplied by the Respondent, the Jefferson County
Board of Education to use race as the sole factor to assign students to the regular
(non-traditional) schools in the Jefferson County Public Schools?
- Whether the race-conscious Student Assignment Plan with mechanical and
inflexible quota systems of not less than 15% nor greater than 50% of African
American students without individually or holistic review of any student, meets the
Fourteenth Amendment requirement of the use of race which is a compelling
interest narrowly tailored with strict scrutiny.
- Did the District Court abuse and/or exceed its remedial judicial authority in
maintaining desegregative attractiveness in the Public Schools of Jefferson County,
Counsel of Record
For Petitioners Crystal D. Meredith:
- Docket Sheet From the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Northwestern University - Medill School of Journalism: On the Docket
Teddy B. Gordon
For Respondents Jefferson County
Board of Education, et al.:
Francis J. Mellen Jr.
Wyatt Tarrant & Combs LLP
| Previous Terms
To view PDF files listed on this page you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader