US Supreme Court Docket
Priscilla Summers, et al. v. Earth Island Institute, et al.
Environmental Law, Administrative Law
1. Whether the Forest Service's promulgation of 36 C.F.R. 215.4(a) and 215.12(f), as distinct from the particular site-specific project to which those regulations were applied in this case, was a proper subject of judicial review.
2. Whether respondents established standing to bring this suit.
3. Whether respondents' challenge to 36 C.F.R. 215.4(a) and 215.12(f) remained ripe and was otherwise judicially cognizable after the timber sale to which the regulations had been applied was withdrawn, and respondents' challenges to that sale had been voluntarily dismissed with prejudice, pursuant to a settlement between the parties.
4. Whether the court of appeals erred in affirming the nationwide injunction issued by the district court.
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 9th Circuit Opinion Filed: June 8, 2007
- United States Supreme Court Cert. Granted: January 18, 2008
- Docket Sheet From the U.S. Supreme Court.
Gregory G. Garre
U.S. Department of Justice
To view PDF files listed on this page you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader