US Supreme Court Docket
Shady Grove Orthopedic Assoc., P.A. v. Allstate Ins. Co.
State-law Class Actions, Civil Procedure
1. Can a state legislature properly prohibit the federal courts from using the class
action device for state law claims?
2. Can state legislatures dictate procedure in the federal courts?
3. Could state-law class actions eventually disappear altogether, as more state legislatures declare them off limits to the federal courts?
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 2nd Circuit Opinion Filed: November 19, 2008
- Docket Sheet From the U.S. Supreme Court.
To view PDF files listed on this page you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader