(ORDER LIST: 536 U.S.)
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2002
ORDERS IN PENDING CASES01-800 HOWSAM, KAREN, ETC. V. DEAN WITTER REYNOLDS
- The motion of Competitive Enterprise Institute for leave to file a brief as amicus curiae is granted. The motion of the Solicitor General for leave to participate in oral argument as amicus curiae and for divided argument is granted. Justice O'Connor took no part in the consideration or decision of these motions. 01-1231 CT DEPT. OF PUBLIC SAFETY V. DOE, JOHN, ET AL.01-1572 COOK COUNTY, IL vs. U. S., EX REL. CHANDLER
- The motion of Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press for leave to file a brief as amicus curiae is granted.
- The motion of the parties to dispense with printing the joint appendix is granted.
REHEARINGS DENIED00-10375 JOHNSON, LLOYD V. DUNCAN, WARDEN, ET AL.
01-7992 SHAW, THOMAS W. V. PERRY, GOV. OF TX, ET AL.
01-8619 BOWEN, JOHN F. V. NORTH CAROLINA
01-9079 WALKER, DORMAN D. V. UNITED STATES
01-9091 DIXON, JOSEPH V. CITY OF MINNEAPOLIS WATER
01-9092 DIXON, JOSEPH V. HARDIMON, KENNIE
01-9103 POUND, KEITH V. WILLIAMS, DE INS. COMM'R.
01-9430 LEE, DONALD V. BERGE, WARDEN
01-9521 LEWIS, CLARENCE D. V. RADER, WARDEN
01-9544 MILLER, TRACY A. V. HALL, WARDEN
01-9703 TAYLOR, BRENTFORD V. KOTECKI, KAREN
01-9717 EPPS, DAVID I. V. MOORE, SEC., FL DOC, ET AL.
01-9822 WEATHERSPOON, SAMMY L. V. MOORE, SEC., FL DOC
01-9836 TYLER, BILLY J. V. ASHCROFT, ATT'Y GEN., ET AL.
01-9897 WRIGHT, RUBYE C. V. KNOX COUNTY BOARD OF ED.
01-9900 KOCH, VICKI L. V. POTTER, POSTMASTER GEN.
01-10016 BAD WOUND, JOHN V. UNITED STATES
01-10102 CASTRO, MICHAEL A. V. CHANDLER, WARDEN
01-10331 IN RE JACK WADE WARREN
01-10358 IN RE DONALD CALLEN01-529 HOOVER, LARRY, ET AL. V. UNITED STATES
- The petitions for rehearing are denied.01-1769 WAYNE, ERIC A. V. UNITED STATES
- The motion of Adrian Bradd for leave to proceed further herein in forma pauperis is granted. The motion of Darrell Branch for leave to proceed further herein in forma pauperis is granted. The petition for rehearing is denied.01-9592 BOETTNER, KEVIN M. V. UNIDENTIFIED KIRKWOOD, ET AL.
- The motion of petitioner for leave to proceed further herein in forma pauperis is granted. The petition for rehearing is denied.
- The motion for leave to file a petition for rehearing is denied.
- It is ordered that Christopher W. Vasil be appointed Chief Deputy Clerk of this Court to succeed Francis J. Lorson effective at the commencement of business September 3, 2002, and that he take the oath of office as required by statute.
- It is ordered that Cynthia J. Rapp be appointed Deputy Clerk of this Court, effective at the commencement of business September 3, 2002, and that she take the oath of office as required by statute.
Select a Job Title