(ORDER LIST: 552 U.S.)
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2007
ORDER IN PENDING CASE
06-989 HALL STREET ASSOC. V. MATTEL, INC.
- The parties are directed to file supplemental briefs addressing the following questions:
- (1) Does authority exist outside the Federal Arbitration Act (FAA) under which a party to litigation begun without reliance on the FAA may enforce a provision for judicial review of an arbitration award?
- (2) If such authority does exist, did the parties, in agreeing to arbitrate, rely in whole or part on that authority?
- (3) Has petitioner in the course of this litigation waived any reliance on authority outside the FAA for enforcing the judicial review provision of the parties' arbitration agreement?
- The briefs, not to exceed 6,000 words, are to be filed simultaneously with the Clerk and served upon opposing counsel on or before 2 p.m., Tuesday, November 27, 2007. Reply briefs, not to exceed 3,000 words, may be filed with the Clerk and served upon opposing counsel on or before 2 p.m., Monday, December 3, 2007.